Saturday, April 24, 2010

Opinions on IE 7.0, should I upgrade?

As a general rule, I wait until Microsoft releases Service Pack 1 before trying out any new major product version they release. I have wasted far too many hours of my life trying to get a system back up and running to the previous version of something after installing a new version that has so many bugs it crashes my system and renders it useless. Many times, I have had to reformat the computer when a simple roll-back to the time before installation resulted in more problems than the initial issues, so please don't let that feature prevent you from backing up your files, since it doesn't always work, especially for such highly integrated software as Internet Explorer.



If you do decide to try it, please at least back up all of your files to an external source first (such as CDs, thumb drives, or an external hard drive if you have one). This should include at least the contents of your My Documents folder, your Internet Explorer Favorites/Bookmarks (open IE, click File, Import/Export, and choose Export, and save them to an external source such as a floppy or CD instead of to the default location), your e-mail messages and settings if you use Outlook Express (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670 for how to do this), your Outlook data if you use Outlook (see support.microsoft.com/kb/287070 for this), and any other program data that you may use. If you use IncrediMail, there are instructions on their web site on how to back up and restore data. Make sure to write down or print out any email order confirmations for software that requires registration keys.



Good Luck, whatever you decide to do! :)



Opinions on IE 7.0, should I upgrade?microsoft sql server





I'm not , it still has a lot of bugs in it, I'll wait.



Opinions on IE 7.0, should I upgrade?windows themes internet explorer



Yes, I think you should. My husband and I did, and it seems a lot faster, even though the buttons and toolbars are a little different. Anytime you come across upgrades, check them out, and install. It might work out for the best!
yes you should defiantly upgrade to 7.0 i have just done this and i find that it is significantly better
No, avoid it. Download Firefox 1.5.0.7 (not the new 2.0) from Filehippo:



http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefo...



1.5.0.7 is solid and stable - well proven.



Good luck,



DC :)
Bill always has bugs. Wait a few months after the bugs are worked out and ask again. I tried it at work and it crashed my computer all day, I had to un-install it.
You should get firefox 2.0 it's brill!
I agree with jimi someone else told they got a virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers